* Accomplishes hotel human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
* Develops hotel organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
* Establishes hotel operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
* Develops hotel financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
* Promotes the hotel by developing and implementing advertising and publicity programs; deciding the type of patronage to be solicited; speaking to community and business groups; sponsoring special events at the hotel.
* Maintains the hotel's stature by inspecting guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and order; verifying the quality of food and beverage services; overseeing special events.
* Maintains customer confidence by personally responding to and resolving complaints; making charge adjustments or offering complimentary services.
* Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances hotel's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
People Management, Planning, Customer Service, Developing Budgets, Quality Focus, Results Driven, Self-Motivated, Professionalism, Process Improvement, Public Relations - General, Verbal Communication
Waterloo, IA 50702
Employee, Full Time
$12.00 - $14.00/hour
Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Bonus, Discounted Hotel Stays
Please email Resume
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers