favorite this postWEEKEND FINISHING ASSISTANT (Waterloo)hide this posting
compensation: We offer competitive pay (based on experience and qualifications) employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Porkhaven Farms is a hog farm based in Northeast Iowa looking for a finishing assistant to assist with chores for four to five hours on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Operate Finishing Unit:
• Power wash and disinfect buildings when emptied.
• Run feed lines and adjust feeders and waters when necessary.
• Maintain proper pen environment.
• Observe and treat pigs accordingly.
• Dispose of dead pigs and euthanize pigs when necessary.
• Perform maintenance on the facilities, equipment, and ventilation systems to the best of your abilities.
• Maintain accurate inventory sheets and production records at all sites.
• Be responsible for maintaining a high level of biosecurity between all buildings and sites.
• Monitor and maintain compost pile.
• Assist in other areas as needed.
• Agriculture experience or previous swine experience preferred
• Attention to detail, self-motivated, organized and able to work without direct supervision
• Plans thoroughly and makes sound decisions
• Honest, trustworthy and passionate
• Effective communication skills
• Listens to others and builds relationships to foster teamwork
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers