Timpte is the industry leader in the manufacture and supply of bulk commodity semi-trailers. Timpte is currently looking for a Trailer Mechanic for our branch and service center located in Urbana, IA.
This position is Mon-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 pm. No Weekends!
Benefits: Why US?
• WEEKENDS OFF!
• Quarterly Employee BONUSES!!
• Health, Vision, Dental, and 401k plan options
• Company Paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
• Company Paid Vacation, Holidays and Floating Holidays available
• Holiday parties, Company picnic, and other Events.
To diagnose, repair and service trailers of all brands in a safe and professional manner.
1. Welding steel and aluminum
2. Replace or repair damaged panels, rails, and traps
3. Perform trailer alignments and adjustments
4. Repair and/or replace brakes, cams, and wheel seals
5. Restoration of sub-frame and other structural members
6. Diagnose and repair electrical components
7. Gather and record the required parts to perform service on the trailer
8. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Must have related mechanical experience working with suspension, ABS brake systems, wheel and hub replacement, steel and aluminum welding, buck riveting, and diagnostics
2. Must be able to read blueprints and manuals and have general computer knowledge
3. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
4. Must have working knowledge of how trailer is assembled
5. Must have the ability to estimate timelines for repairs and manage time to meet deadlines
6. Must be able to work in a team environment and work well with others
Overhead crane, welders, torch, forklift, table saw, shag truck, hand tools, air tools.
Physical activity generally associated with working on trailers in a shop environment.
Timpte offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Applications ONLY ACCEPTED AT: www.timpte.com under the Careers tab.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers